- MFA, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis: Drawing and Painting
- BA Middlebury College, Middlebury, Vermont: Fine Arts Major
- Instituto Allende, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico: painting, drawing, printmaking
- Wrote and illustrated 2 books for children; Draw Me an Elephant and Lines, Spines and Porcupines, both published by Doubleday under the name of Anne S. Samson
- Visiting artist: Concordia College, Moorhead, MN St.Olaf College, Northfield, MN Macalester College, St.Paul. MN
- Taught at Hamline University
Lives on the St.Croix River in the summer. The waters there and the area are largely the subject of her painting during those months.
Anne is represented by Groveland Gallery in Minneapolis, Minnesota